Fire in MMC’s Red Garage

Adrian Suarez Avila
News Director

A fire was reported to have taken place in the Red Garage (PG4) in the University’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus on Tuesday, Feb. 24, at around 7:47 p.m.

Sent by the University’s alert system, the notice contained information that a vehicle on the first floor of the garage had caught fire. The message cautioned recipients to stay away from the area.

According to an official of the University’s Department of Parking and Transportation, the fire was caused by a woman who attempted to light a cigarette in her car.

Information regarding whether the woman in question was a student, faculty, staff or member of the community has not yet been obtained.

At around 10 p.m., another alert was sent with information that the emergency had been cleared.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Be the first to comment on "Fire in MMC’s Red Garage"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.